Study plan 2017/2018
Starting from Monday 3 December 2018 to Tuesday 30 April 2019, the window for compilation of study plans for the academic year (a.y) 2018/2019 will be open. The compilation of the study plan is mandatory for all students enrolled since a.y 2011/2012, therefore all the students enrolled in 2018/2019 and the students enrolled in the previous a.y, that has not submitted the study plan, have to present the study plan. It is possible to complete the study plan only once for each academic year, except for exceptional cases authorized from the director of the master’s degree. Students who have already completed the study paln in a.y. 2017/2018, and who intend to make changes for the a.y. 2018/2019, have to present a new study plan .Once the study plan has been completed for the a.y 2018/19 and obtained approval, if needed to make further changes, these will be possible only after the authorization of the director of their master’s degree.To do so, the student should request the cancellation of the already approved study plan by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Students must indicate in the cancellation request: name, surname, student number (matricola) and reason for the request. If the motivation will be considered valid, the director will accept the request, the didactic office will proceed with the cancellation and the student can present a new study plan. The study plan must be presented in the period between Monday 3 December 2018 to Tuesday 30 April 2018. If the cancellation takes place outside the above dates indicated, the student can recompile the study plan only by going to the didactic office during the reception hours. It is not possible to complete the study plan by phone or with requests submitted by e-mail . Before proceeding with the compilation, please read carefully the following guidelines. Why should I complete a study plan? The compilation is essential to view and book the optional or elective courses. How can I fill in the study plan?
- Go to InfoStud platform and login to your personal area;
- click on Corsi di laurea;
- in the menu on the left side, click on percorso formativo;
- click on vai al percorso formativo;
- at the bottom of the page that opens, click on creare un nuovo piano di studi (create a new study plan) and proceed to the compilation;
- if the page presents you the option “percorso formativo individuale” Do not select it, you must choose Curriculare.
- Select, among the optional exams that the study paln offers you, the one you prefer.
- In the section insegnamenti a scelta dello studente (elective courses) you will need to select the exam, or the exams, that you intend to take as your chosen activity.
- Pay attention to elective courses: it is not possible to insert as an elective exam an exam with the same epigraph, already taken or present in your study plan, even if it is with a different number of credits, (for example, if you have already taken an exam of contemporary history of 6 credits, you cannot choose again an exam of contemporary history as an elective course, even if it is with different number of credits).
- it is not possible neither to insert exams which have different epigraphs but have the same program or which have parts of a common program.
The non-compliance of these rules will implicate the cancellation of the exam, from the administrative office (segreteria studenti) in the phase of verification of the final career, before the final exam (graduation), even if the exams (non permitted) have been taken and recorded.As for elective courses, it is not possible to insert in the study plan the generic entry " attività a scelta dello studente ", even if it appears among the possible options; Instead, you have to select the exact teachings that you intend to take as exam of your choice.The exams that you can select must necessarily be courses provided in the academic year, in which the activities of your choice are foreseen in your manifesto. You will be able to insert as your elective course, courses that are not inserted as optional, or courses chosen among those provided in any other degree program of the University, typing the exact name of the desired course, or for keywords - using the "advanced search/ricerca avanzata" function. Students of the master's degree will be able to include both master's and bachelor’s exams, as long as they are obviously not already taken in their previous career, under penalty of cancellation.If you have to take a total of 9 credits of your choice ( elective course), you will be able to select: a single 9 credits course, or a 3 credits course and a 6 credits course. or even 3 courses of 3 credits. You may also choose exams whose corresponding credits do not exceed the 9 credits limit by more than 3 credits (i.e., two exams of 6 credits or one exam of 9 credits and one exam of 3 credits. In the study plans related to academic year 2018/2019, regardless of the year of enrollment, students cannot insert credits from internships and traineeships among the credits of elective courses. At the end of the compilation the system will inform you whether you have filled out the study plan correctly; otherwise you can use the "abc" function that you find at the top left, and the system will show you which inconsistencies it has found.
- If the proposed study plan is correct, but you do not want to submit it yet, click on SALVA IN BOZZA (save as draft). You can save more than one study plan as a draft.
- Once you are sure about your study plan, you may submit it for evaluation and approval:
- Click on invia
- Click on richiedi approvazione del piano di studi
- The platform will ask you to confirm the submission. Click on conferma invio, otherwise the study plan will stay in draft.
- Once your study plan has been approved, you will be able to see and register for exams on InfoStud.
The approval of the study plan is subject to the evaluation of the same by a commission of profesors, and, considering that there are hundreds of requests, the expected waiting time to get a response from the commission (rejection / approval of the study plan) is about 7/10 days. Furthermore, after the approval of the study plan, it takes an additional 24/48 hours for the gomp and infostud system platforms to align and allow the student to view information on infostud (dates and booked exams) of the courses included in the new study plan. For this reason, students are encouraged to schedule changes based on booking deadlines, and not to send "urgent requests" for cancellation and / or approval of study plans close to the deadlines, since it will not be possible to meet such requests.If you need further information, please contact the didactic office (Segreteria Didattica): http://www.coris.uniroma1.it/en/?q=student-services-office / http://www.coris.uniroma1.it/strutture/segreteria-didattica