Philosophy and Political Science
Settore scientifico disciplinare : Jus 20
Data inizio corso: Wednesday, 18 December, 2019Semestre : 2° semestre
Objectives of the course:
- knowledge of the classics of political philosophy;
- Analysis of political categories;
-The study of concepts for understanding political processes.
The problem of representation
- Democracy and public opinion
- President against parliamentary assemblies
- The crisis of democracy
- Populism as an ambiguous and polysemic concept
- The phenomenon of Leadership
- At the origins of contemporary populism
- The ideological opportunism of populism
- A critical reconsideration of the category of populism
The course offers:
- to provide critical skills for the autonomous interpretation of classical texts of political thought;
- critical use of the theoretical categories in the analysis of modern political institutions. -comparative analysis of the variety of phenomena that are included in category of populism
Verification of learning includes an oral exam.
1. Rousseau, Il Contratto sociale, Laterza; or Tocqueville, La democrazia in America, Utet; or Marx, Critica al programma di Gotha, Bourdeaux.
2. L. Ferrajoli, Principia juris, Laterza, vol. 2; Prospero, Hans Kelsen, Franco Angeli.
3. C. J. Friedrich, L'uomo, la comunità, l'ordine politico, Il Mulino